Throughout history, machines have been introduced to society to help automate tasks, improve productivity, and reduce costs. And, in just a few years, computers have evolved from centralized number-crunching monoliths to separate, miniaturized systems that can be found in billions of interconnected items such as cellphones, wearable devices, automobiles, home appliances, and more.
From humble evolutions in research papers and labs, artificial intelligence which encompasses machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) - has matured in its many forms and has been infused in applications that can learn on their own and become smarter with each interaction and transaction. Coupled with immense stores of data, maturity in CPU and GPU hardware, the invention of new, open-source deep learning algorithms, and cloud technologies, operational AI has become available to the masses, setting the wheels in motion for a worldwide AI revolution that has never been seen before.
This book helps the reader on their AI journey by covering:
- The concepts of AI, ML, and DL in their many forms
- Key ML and DL algorithms data scientists should learn
- Ethical challenges for the use of AI
- How AI is being used across industries
- Possible future outlook for AI
- An AI Ladder to help accelerate the AI journey