email problem (QMSF CPFAF98)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email problem (QMSF CPFAF98)

JW5153583.ENV is a piece of mail, perhaps in transit. It may not be there by the time you get to ATTABOX. OTOH you could have a send/receive loop condition. Have you sent this as a "problem record" to IBM? Dave

We haven't reported it to IBM, but we did "fix" it. We ran STRMSF *RESET a couple of times. The errors disappeared. Never did figure out where the messages actually were. BTW, for anyone interested. We first noticed this problem after IPLing for the first time in over 6 months. We've decided to IPL on a regular basis (weekly) just because stuff happens. The first IPL cleaned up objects such that we got almost 3% of our DASD back. With each IPL until we got this problem fixed, we'd get a couple of "old" emails showing up in our in boxes. In one case, the email was almost 6 months old!

Comment

I've had this problem several times. The /attabox subdirectory is locked during backup, even with save while active. IBM doesn't seem to think that this needs fixed. I now do my daily SAV of the ifs omitting that subdirectory. Since the emails in there are in a temp or send status, I figure they won't be missed on a restore. Back it up once a week during full backup so I have the directory to do a full restore. The possible work around they gave me was to start more than one job on the strmsf, but that was already happening. All 3 crashed when the mail server tried to send at the same time this directory was being backed up. I did ask them if they might fix their code to handle the error, but that didn't get a response.

Comment

Every time we STRMSF, we receive a series of these messages. Message ID . . . . . . : CPFAF98 Severity . . . . . . . : 60 Message type . . . . . : Information Date sent . . . . . . : 12/18/02 Time sent . . . . . . : 12:52:13 Message . . . . : Job 650030/QMSF/QMSF stopped processing MSF message. Cause . . . . . : Exit point program QTMSFWD in library QTCP for exit point QIBM_QZMFMSF_MSG_FWD has detected a condition with message ID 103XGKM0111280851320000000003. The message indicates that processing should be ended. The MSF message will be processed again the next time the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command is used. Recovery . . . : Determine why the exit point program indicated that processing for a message is to be ended. There may be messages listed in the job log that caused the exit point program to fail. Correct the error and use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF jobs. Then use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start message processing again. The joblog indicates equally generic information but does mention TCP5101 (Integrated File System file open failed on file /QTCPTMM/ATTABOX/JW5153583.ENV). Where can I find the messages causing the problem? I've looked in QTCPTMM and there doesn't appear to be any files in any of the directories. Where are the problem messages hiding?

Comment

I had this problem for months. I tried the *RESET option, and it sent 6 month old E-mails again also. Here is the fix: To clean up mangled mail in the IBM SMTP environment you create a data area like this: crtdtaara dtaara(qusrsys/qtmsclean) type(*char) len(1) value('c') aut(*all) You need to stop and restart the SMTP server using the ENDTCPSVR and STRTCPSVR command. To clean up mangled mail in the MSF area you need to stop MSF (ENDMSG command) then use the *CLEAR option on when starting it: strmsf option(*clear) Depending on the API you are using to send mail you may also need to restart the SNADS distribution queue: snddstq dstq(qsmtpq) pty(*normal) snddstq dstq(qsntpq) pty(*high) This procedure should reset high CPU utilization in SMTP server jobs… It is strange that the system will use the *dtaara but then deletes it after it uses it. I created a simple CL program and set it up in the AS/400 job scheduler to run automatically on weekends…

Comment

Working...
          X